Industries where mobile plant are utilised account for over 70% of industry fatalities. Workplace legislation requires a PCBU (Person Conducting Business or Undertaking) to ensure workers have current skills and knowledge to demonstrate competency in the plant that they operate as part of their roles.
Conducting refresher training or a Verification of competency with Forklift Quality Training has many benefits to employees and to employers.
As an employer conducting a refresher/VoC:
- Serves to ensure mobile plant are operated by staff holding industry current skills and knowledge for the plant they operate.
- Enables a business to remain compliant with legislation and meet their duty of care.
- Acts to deter or mitigate personal and business risk in the workplace.
- May be utilised as a means of actively reviewing the workplace capabilities following an incident at work.
- Can be used for pre-site mobilisation, pre-employment checks or as a means of ensuring return to work personnel are fit for full duties.
- It actively demonstrates support of the safety culture & climate at a workplace by ongoing investment into building a high performing and safe workforce.
- Can be used as evidence towards entry into construction environment.
As an employee conducting a refresher/VoC:
- Enables you to update your skills and knowledge to current plant and industry standards.
- Supports the requirements of some employers that require a current VoC in order to gain employment.
VoC’s can be completed at our Wingfield premises OR on-site at your premises (minimum numbers apply for onsite bookings.)
We service regional areas in South Australia and Northern Territory.
Cost: $ 250.00
- 2 hours (Face to Face)
- This course is designed to verify each operator’s ability to work safely and competently against current industry standards
- Plan and prepare work
- Pre-operational checks
- Conduct work activities
- Theory Exam
- Practical Exam
- Statement of attendance
- Participants must provide identification and a Forklift Truck (LF) High Risk Work License (HRWL)
- Ability to use and understand basic English
- PPE Minimum requirements; safety boots & high visibility clothing